So let’s talk about Frankincense…my personal FAVE!
1. Add a drop to your moisturiser every morning to minimize fine lines, wrinkles and keep your skin supple and soft.
2. Use as an eczema treatment, just add a drop (can use with lavender as well) to your moisturiser or to a carrier oil and apply to the eczema/dry skin a few times during the day.
3. Diffuse for feelings of peace, calm, to de stress and during yoga or meditation practices.
4. Apply a drop to your tongue every morning for immune support.
5. Fade scars and stretch marks – another skin use. Frankincense is amazing at fading scars and stretch marks when applied daily with a carrier oil.
6. Promote Sleep: If you have trouble sleeping or just want to relax before bed, try diffusing frankincense in your bedroom. You will sleep like a baby.
7. Add 4 drops to the base of your shower, before you get in for a relaxing, calming shower.
8. Inflammation Buster: Researchers have found that frankincense inhibits the formation of inflammatory molecules and helps prevent the breakdown of cartilage tissue that can cause arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Mix a few drops in a carrier and rub into your hands for relief.
9. Frankincense is one of natures anti-depressants and can be used in a roller bottle applied to the wrists and neck for stress relief and to help in the treatment of depression
10. Oral Health. The astringent and antiseptic properties of this resin make it beneficial for oral health as well. The resin and essential oil can be used in homemade toothpastes recipes or mouthwash recipes for a natural way to reduce bad bacteria in the mouth.
There is a saying in Aromatherapy – when in doubt, use Frank… it is honestly my absolute favourite and most used oil to diffuse and apply topically…
Let me know if there are any ways you use it that I haven’t mentioned, I’d love to know.